Delicious, savoury and versatile. Serve some for your next gathering.
All You Need
- 1 Tbsp. Prepared Horseradish
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper, optional
- 4 oz. Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ~3 oz. Beer (preferably one with a strong flavour)
The Fun Parts
- In a large bowl, (or kitchenaide mixer) add the softened cream cheese. Using a spatula or a paddle, mix the cream cheese until softened and haas a slightly "whipped" consistency.
- Add in the beer, and mix to incorporate.
- Next add in the prepared horseradish, garlic powder, dijon mustard, optional cayenne, salt and pepper. TASTE and adjust seasonings as you like.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese, mix well. TASTE and adjust as you see fit.
- Once you have it to your liking. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours, wrapped with plastic. This will allow the flavours to enhance and marry together.
- Remove from the fridge about 1 hour prior to serving. Serve at room temperature with your favourite foods (pretzel bread bites, veggies, etc..) OR in a bread bowl.
This recipe scales very easily.
Be sure to taste and adjust seasonings at every step of the way.